Your camera has a clock and a calendar in it.…Every time you take a picture, the date and time are stored with that picture.…This can be very handy when you're editing, not just to find out when you took…a picture, but for sorting your images or searching for images or for…geotagging your images.…With the right hardware and software, you can add longitude and latitude data to…your images in post-production,…but for that to work you have to have the camera's clock set properly.…Also, if you travel, you'll want to reset the clock as you change time zones,…so knowing how to set the date and time is very important.…
To set the date and time on a 5100, press the menu button.…By default, you'll probably come up to the Shooting menu, unless you've…already been fiddling with the menus, in which case you'll come up to the last…menu you were looking at.…We want to go down here to the Setup menu, which is the one that looks like a…little wrench, and then right-arrow over to here, and you've got to scroll down…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Nikon Digital SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
6. Understanding Release Modes
7. Understanding Exposure Control Options
8. Learning More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Controls
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Settings
15. Retouching Images
16. Taking Care of Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.