Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting Auto mode, part of Canon 60D Essential Training.
On the top of your camera is a Dial which lets you choose a Shooting mode.…The Shooting mode that you choose determines what decisions the camera will make…and what decisions will be left up to you.…Sometimes, having the camera make lots of decisions is a better way to go…because it allows you to shoot more quickly, while at other times you'll…want control over some decisions to ensure that you get the type of shot that you want.…For the rest of this chapter, we want you in Auto mode, and that's this green box right here.…Now, the way you change the mode Dial is you press down this button here in…the middle, and then you just rotate the Dial. And there is a white line right…here next to the mode Dial. Just to make sure the mode you want is lined up with that.…
So again, we want you on Auto mode, which is the green box.…In this mode, the camera is going to decide pretty much everything for you, but…let's take a quick look at what the other modes are.…We're going to be looking at these in detail throughout the rest of this course,…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Canon SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
Using white balance presets2m 28s
6. Using Drive Mode and the Self-Timer
7. Using Exposure Control Options
8. More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Styles
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Functions
15. Using Custom Functions
16. Caring for Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.