Most people have used a self-timer on a camera.…You balance the camera on a rock or something and you point it at your friends,…and then you set it off and run back and try to get in the frame and look…natural before the camera takes a picture.…It works the same way on your digital camera.…The self-timer is a Release mode, so I changed it in just the way I would change…any other Release mode.…I've highlighted Release mode here.…You can see I'm currently in Single frame.…I'm going to go down here to self-timer, and it's reminding me that it's a 10-second timer.…I'm going to hit OK.…
So now the way this works is I press the shutter button, the camera starts…beeping, and flashing its auto focus assist lamp.…This is giving me time to run around and get in front of it.…When it gets within two seconds it starts doing that and then takes the shot.…The self-timer on the 5100 has some very nice options.…You can change the number of shots that will be taken when it finally fires. You…can change the duration of the timer.…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Nikon Digital SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
6. Understanding Release Modes
7. Understanding Exposure Control Options
8. Learning More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Controls
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Settings
15. Retouching Images
16. Taking Care of Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.