Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video Selecting a picture style, part of Canon 60D Essential Training.
To select a picture style, you go into the Menu, and jump over here to the second…shooting menu, and there is a Picture Style option.…You can see that by default I get the Standard picture style.…If I hit Set, I get a scrolling list of picture styles.…I know it's a scrolling list, because there is a scrollbar over here.…So I've got Standard, Portrait, Landscape, Neutral, Faithful, Monochrome, and…three different User Defined picture styles, which are currently all set to…the same as Standard, but those are something I can customize, which we'll look at later.…
I've got all these numbers over here. This is the key to what the numbers are.…I've got the first number is sharpness, then contrast, saturation, and tone.…So what I can see just by glancing at some of these is that Landscape is going…to give me a big increase in sharpness, over, say, Neutral. It's going to give me a…little increase in sharpness over Standard.…It's not going to have any impact on contrast, or saturation, or tone.…So all Landscape is going to get me, over what I've been shooting with, is a…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Canon SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
Using white balance presets2m 28s
6. Using Drive Mode and the Self-Timer
7. Using Exposure Control Options
8. More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Styles
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Functions
15. Using Custom Functions
16. Caring for Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.