Let's take a quick walk through all of these Scene modes on the camera, and…discuss a little bit about what they do, and how you might use them.…First of all is Portrait Scene mode, which is going to bias the camera to using…a shallower depth of field.…This will help blur out the background, which can bring more focus to your subject.…It's also going to make some image adjustments that will be a little more…flattering to skin tone.…It's going to go less contrast to try and smooth out skin tone, and possibly even…make some color adjustments.…I can make additional color adjustments in any Scene mode, though, by…pressing the Q button.…
When I do, I get what should look familiar to you if you've already looked at…the creative Auto mode.…I have the ability in here to choose an ambience.…This is just a color treatment that will be given to the whole image.…In the case of Portrait, I might want to get with Soft, which will soften…skin tones even more, or Warm, which will warm skin tones up; that can be very flattering.…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Canon SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
Using white balance presets2m 28s
6. Using Drive Mode and the Self-Timer
7. Using Exposure Control Options
8. More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Styles
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Functions
15. Using Custom Functions
16. Caring for Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.