Consider this scenario:…you're in Aperture Priority.…you're shooting with a lens that can open all the way at F2.8.…You've dialed in 2.8 on your camera, which tells your camera to shoot at F2.8.…Because you're in Aperture Priority mode, it knows that it has to calculate a…shutter speed that's appropriate for that aperture.…Your camera decides that 1/8000th,…its maximum shutter speed, is the only one that's fast enough to give you a…good exposure at 2.8. So there you are,…you're shooting away, and then in mid- shoot, the sun comes out from behind the…cloud, which makes your entire scene much brighter.…
But because it's Aperture Priority mode, the camera is not allowed to change…aperture, and it needs to cut down the light, because the sun has just come out,…but it's already at its faster shutter speed.…Since it can't do anything, your image will be overexposed.…If you enable the Safety Shift Custom Function, then the camera is allowed to…change aperture, even when you're in Aperture Priority mode.…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Canon SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
Using white balance presets2m 28s
6. Using Drive Mode and the Self-Timer
7. Using Exposure Control Options
8. More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Styles
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Functions
15. Using Custom Functions
16. Caring for Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.