Your camera includes an orientation sensor inside that lets it figure out if…you're shooting in portrait or landscape orientation.…Your camera records the orientation of your shot in the metadata for each image.…When you view the images on the back of your camera, or in an image editing…program, the image should appear rotated correctly.…Sometimes, though, the camera's rotation sensor gets confused, and the proper…rotation doesn't get recorded with the image.…To fix this, you can rotate images in camera.…This rotation will actually change the rotation tag that gets stored with the…image, so that images will appear correctly rotated in your image editing…application on your computer.…
When I find an image that is not rotated properly, like this one -- this was shot…in landscape orientation, but as you can see, the image is in portrait…orientation -- I can hit the Menu button, and go here for the first Playback menu.…The second item on the list is Rotate.…Select that, and up here I see that there's a little icon that shows Rotation,…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Canon SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
Using white balance presets2m 28s
6. Using Drive Mode and the Self-Timer
7. Using Exposure Control Options
8. More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Styles
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Functions
15. Using Custom Functions
16. Caring for Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.