Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video Revisiting metering, part of Nikon D7000 Essential Training.
As you have seen when you half press the Shutter button, the camera…autofocuses meters and possibly calculates white balance and ISO depending on…your camera settings.…When the camera has decided on all of these parameters, it beeps and flashes a…light in the viewfinder.…If you want, you can continue to hold the button down at the halfway point while…you reframe your shot.…This is sometimes necessary to get the focus and metering that you want.…Once you're ready to take the shot you can press the button the rest of the way.…So I half press the Shutter button and you can feel there is a little halfway…point there it's not full press.…
I half press the Shutter button, the camera focuses it meters, and after it's…metered, it shows the results of its calculations right up here.…It's decided that a 50th of a second at a 5.3 is correct for this scene.…Now those same exposure readings are going to be shown inside my viewfinder.…So I can keep track of all this without taking my eye off the viewfinder.…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Nikon SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
Using white balance presets2m 11s
6. Understanding Release Modes
7. Using the Exposure Control Options
8. More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Styles
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Modes
15. Using Custom Settings
16. Retouching Images
17. Caring for Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.