Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video Reverse dial rotation, part of Nikon D5100 Essential Training.
By now you should have spent a good amount of time using the main dial on your…camera to configure all sorts of options.…You can reverse the direction that the dial works in by going here into the…Custom Setting menu, into Controls, and scrolling down to Reverse dial rotation.…Now, the reason we're talking about this particular custom setting is that if you…watched the previous movies and chose to reverse your indicators--this is the…one where plus and minus are swapped in the Exposure Compensation display--…if you've done that then you're probably going to want to reverse the dial…location for your camera, simply to feel like it makes sense.…
So if I just turn this on, now things that used to happen when I scrolled to the…left will happen when I scroll to the right.…So if I reversed my indicators, reversing the dial rotation is going to make the…dial feel like it's fitting more with what I'm seeing in my Exposure…Compensation indicator.…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Nikon Digital SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
6. Understanding Release Modes
7. Understanding Exposure Control Options
8. Learning More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Controls
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Settings
15. Retouching Images
16. Taking Care of Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.