Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video Remote controls and Bulb mode, part of Nikon D5100 Essential Training.
A remote control is a must-have for certain types of shooting.…With the remote control, you can keep your hands off of your camera to reduce…camera shake during long exposures.…In a portrait shoot, a remote control can keep you from having to go behind the…camera, which lets you maintain better rapport with your subject.…A wireless remote control or a remote control with a really long cord can make …self-portraits much easier.…Remote controls are also great for times when you've placed your camera in a…difficult-to-reach location, like on a really high tripod.…Remote controls work great in conjunction with Bulb mode.…
In Bulb mode, as long as you hold the shutter button down, the shutter will stay open.…So again, this is a great way for shooting long exposures, because you've got…your remote control to keep your hands off the camera and the shutter will just…stay open as long as you hold that button down.…Remote controls are very easy to connect.…This is the Nikon ML-L3 wireless remote control. It's small.…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Nikon Digital SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
6. Understanding Release Modes
7. Understanding Exposure Control Options
8. Learning More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Controls
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Settings
15. Retouching Images
16. Taking Care of Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.