Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video Release button to use dial, part of Nikon D7000 Essential Training.
By now you should be used to have the controls on the D7000 are interlocked.…For example, to change exposure compensation I need to press and hold the…Exposure Compensation button while I turn the Main Dial.…That's also true for ISO and quality and white balance and so on.…I can set it so that I don't have to hold these buttons down though.…If I go to Menu > Controls > Release button to use dial.…Right now I do not release the button to use the dial, and if I set it to Yes,…I can now just press the Exposure Compensation button and that stays there…while I turn the dial.…
So I don't need to keep my finger here while rotating the dial.…If you've been a little uncomfortable having to do all those things at the same…time, then this custom function can make your life a little easier.…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Nikon SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
Using white balance presets2m 11s
6. Understanding Release Modes
7. Using the Exposure Control Options
8. More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Styles
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Modes
15. Using Custom Settings
16. Retouching Images
17. Caring for Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.