If you take a flash picture of someone, and you're at such an angle that the…light from your flash bounces off the back of their eyeballs, then their eyes…might look all red and creepy in resulting image. This doesn't happen too often…with an SLR, because the flash on the camera is far enough from the lens that…it's difficult to get that exact angle that will create the red eye effect, but it can happen.…If it does, then you want to enable the red-eye reduction flash, which works by…firing some initial small bursts of light to close down the irises in your…subject's eyes before it fires the full-strength real Flash.…
By default Red-eye reduction is off. You can turn it on very easily.…It's in the first shooting menu. Just go down here to Red-eye reduc. You can see…that it set to Disable. Hit the Set button, Enable, hit Set again, …and it takes, and you're ready to go.…When using red-eye reduction flash, be sure to tell your subjects to hold still…until you tell them that you got the shot. After those first flashes they might…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Canon SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
Using white balance presets2m 28s
6. Using Drive Mode and the Self-Timer
7. Using Exposure Control Options
8. More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Styles
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Functions
15. Using Custom Functions
16. Caring for Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.