If you take a flash picture of someone and you are at such an angle that the…light from your flash bounces off the back of their eyeballs, then their eyes…might look all red and creepy in the resulting image.…This doesn't happen too often with an SLR because the flash on the camera is far…enough from the lens that it's difficult to get that exact angle that will…create the red-eye effect, but it can happen.…If it does then you'll want to enable the red-eye-reduction flash, which works by…firing some initial small bursts of light to close down the irises in your…subject's eyes before it fires the full-strength real flash.…
Red-eye reduction is a flash mode.…To change flash mode, I push and hold the flash button while turning the main dial.…So, this is the icon for normal fill flash. When I see the little I ball…I know I'm in red-eye-reduction mode.…Notice there's a second mode with the red-eye-reduction eyeball.…That's slow red-eye reduction.…Don't worry about that. We are going to talk about that in the next movie.…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Nikon Digital SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
6. Understanding Release Modes
7. Understanding Exposure Control Options
8. Learning More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Controls
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Settings
15. Retouching Images
16. Taking Care of Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.