Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video The Quick Control button, part of Canon 60D Essential Training.
On the back of your camera is a button with a big Q on it.…This is the Quick Control button.…If you press that once in just about any mode on the camera, you'll get the…Quick Control screen, which shows you current settings for a number of critical…camera shooting parameters.…In addition to showing me those parameters though, I can change them from the…Quick Control screen.…So this is a really handy way to work if I've got the camera mounted on a…tripod and I can't see the top mounted screen, or I can't reach these buttons,…or I don't remember exactly what they are. I can just come in here to the Quick…Control screen and drive the entire camera.…
You navigate the screen with the buttons on the Control pad. I can move up,…down, left, and right.…And when I get something highlighted, I can change it, usually in a couple of different ways.…I've highlighted ISO right now.…I can simply turn either one of the wheels to change ISO, or I can hit the SET…button to pick the ISO that I want from a menu of all of my ISO options.…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Canon SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
Using white balance presets2m 28s
6. Using Drive Mode and the Self-Timer
7. Using Exposure Control Options
8. More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Styles
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Functions
15. Using Custom Functions
16. Caring for Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.