Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video Protecting and deleting images, part of Canon 60D Essential Training.
There are a few different philosophies about deleting images.…Some people like to delete images that they think are bad, so that they don't…drown in image a lot when they start their postproduction process.…Other people say you should never delete an image, because you never know…whether it might be useful or not, later.…For the sake of this discussion, let's split the difference, and say that there…will occasionally be images that you know will have zero utility later; those…images where your finger is in front of the lens, or you left the lens cap on, for example.…Your camera provides a number of ways to delete images, as well as to lock…images, so that they can't be deleted.…
The easiest way to erase images is, when you're in Playback mode, simply hit…the trashcan button.…This is the delete button; it pops up a menu asking if you want to erase.…If I want to delete a whole bunch of images, though, that's going to take a…while to scroll though images, and hit the delete button, and confirm, so I have…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Canon SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
Using white balance presets2m 28s
6. Using Drive Mode and the Self-Timer
7. Using Exposure Control Options
8. More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Styles
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Functions
15. Using Custom Functions
16. Caring for Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.