In Program mode, when you half-press the Shutter button to meter, the camera…calculates an exposure and displays the resulting shutter speed and aperture and…ISO, if ISO is set to Auto, on the various displays around the camera.…But there are many reciprocal combinations of those exposure parameters and they…all yield the same overall brightness.…This is all explained in Foundations of Photography: Exposure.…Program Shift is a feature that allows you to automatically cycle through all of…those reciprocal combinations for any given metering.…
With this feature, you can meter to get an exposure that gets you proper overall…brightness and then use Program Shift to change to an exposure combination that…serves up that same overall brightness, but with the motion stopping or depth of…field control that you want.…Program Shift on the 60D is very simple.…It's the main Dial, this Wheel right here behind the Shutter button.…So it's very easy to just reach back here and grab it and start cycling through…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Canon SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
Using white balance presets2m 28s
6. Using Drive Mode and the Self-Timer
7. Using Exposure Control Options
8. More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Styles
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Functions
15. Using Custom Functions
16. Caring for Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.