Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video Program mode, part of Nikon D7000 Essential Training.
In program mode, the only decisions that the camera makes are shutter speed and aperture.…Everything else autofocus mode, drive mode, Flash, white balance, ISO and more…can be changed by you. What's more?…Through flexible program and exposure compensation you can alter the camera's…initial shutter speed and aperture choices.…Program mode is probably where you'll spend the bulk of your time shooting.…To change to program mode, I will rotate it around to the big P that indicates…that I'm in program mode and now a bunch of new commands are going to be unlock…things that I was not able to change in program mode will now be accessible from…here and we're going to be looking at how you alter those parameters throughout…the rest of this course.…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Nikon SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
Using white balance presets2m 11s
6. Understanding Release Modes
7. Using the Exposure Control Options
8. More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Styles
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Modes
15. Using Custom Settings
16. Retouching Images
17. Caring for Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.