It may seem strange to devote an entire movie to turning your camera on.…But a lot of things happen when you power up your camera, and it's important to…understand what they are and how you can alter them.…Because the lens of a camera is removable, it's possible for dust to get inside…the camera body and get on the sensor.…If that happens, you'll see smudges and spots and things on your images.…There is a clear filter in front of the image sensor in your camera.…So dust never actually gets on the sensor itself, but it gets on that filter instead.…
When you turn the camera on, it shakes that filter at a very high speed to…shake off any dust.…There's a sticky piece of tape or something beneath the filter that traps any…dust bits that fall off, and there are a number of ways that you can rearrange…and customize that cleaning function.…So let's get the camera actually turned on.…My power switch is right here.…Before I turn it on, I'm going to open the LCD screen.…This is not necessary, I'm just opening it because I want you to see something…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Canon SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
Using white balance presets2m 28s
6. Using Drive Mode and the Self-Timer
7. Using Exposure Control Options
8. More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Styles
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Functions
15. Using Custom Functions
16. Caring for Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.