Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video Picture styles defined, part of Canon 60D Essential Training.
When you shoot in JPEG mode, the computer inside your camera has to do a lot of things.…It reads the raw data of the image sensor, it converts into a color image, then it…applies your white balance settings, sharpens your image, and finally compresses…it into a JPEG file.…Along the way, it also possibly performs some image editing operations: changes…to saturation; contrast.…Picture styles are collections of image editing operations that can be applied…to JPEG images when you shoot. Uour camera comes with a selection of picture…styles that are tailored toward specific subject matter. For example, the portrait…picture style will apply…color corrections and contrast adjustments that will make skin tones look better.…
If you're shooting RAW, picture styles have no effect on your image, because no…image processing takes place on RAW files inside the camera.…However, if you select a picture style other then standard, a tag is set in your…RAW file. If you then open that RAW file with Canon's Digital Photo Professional…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Canon SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
Using white balance presets2m 28s
6. Using Drive Mode and the Self-Timer
7. Using Exposure Control Options
8. More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Styles
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Functions
15. Using Custom Functions
16. Caring for Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.