Vignetting is a darkening that can occur in the corners of your image. Canon…calls this peripheral illumination, or falloff.…Vignettes most often occur with wide- angle lenses, and sometimes a vignette can…add a nice effect to an image.…It can bring focus to the center of the frame, but most of the time you don't…want vignettes in your image, and your camera has a feature to remove these when…you're shooting in JPEG mode.…To activate Peripheral Illumination correction, I just go into the Menu. It's right…here on the front page: scroll down to Peripheral Illumin. correct,…and I get a couple of different things here.…
It tells me what lens I have attached. I currently have the Canon EF-S 18-55, and…it says correction data is available.…That means that the camera has a profile for this lens.…It knows how much peripheral illumination trouble it has.…So right now, Correction is enabled; that's the default. If I want, I can disable it.…And now my peripheral illumination is not there, so there is a better chance I'm…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Canon SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
Using white balance presets2m 28s
6. Using Drive Mode and the Self-Timer
7. Using Exposure Control Options
8. More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Styles
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Functions
15. Using Custom Functions
16. Caring for Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.