Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video Other Live View options, part of Canon 60D Essential Training.
When you are working in live view, pretty much all of the controls that you are…used to having still work just as they would when you're shooting normally. I half…press my shutter button to focus in meter, I've still got exposure compensation,…just as I always would, I've still got program shift;…all of this stuff works normally.…There are, though, some features that are specific to live view shooting, and you…can get to those here in the menu.…This fourth shooting menu is a bunch of options that are live view only options.…So you have already seen the focusing ones.…I've also got a grid that I can turn on;…this just gives me a reference that I can use while I am shooting.…
Now, these grid lines won't appear in my final image; they're just there to help…me make sure that things are lined up properly.…I've got two different frequencies of grid, so I can have a really fine grid, or…a more coarse grid.…You've already seen aspect ratio.…We've talked about exposure simulation.…If you want you can turn this off, and now the live view display will not try to…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Canon SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
Using white balance presets2m 28s
6. Using Drive Mode and the Self-Timer
7. Using Exposure Control Options
8. More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Styles
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Functions
15. Using Custom Functions
16. Caring for Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.