Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video Operating conditions and temperatures, part of Canon 60D Essential Training.
When you first get a new piece of gear, you are, of course, very careful with it,…and proud of it, and it's great how clean it looks, and all that.…Fortunately, that wears off eventually.…I say fortunately, because your camera is actually quite durable, and once you…get over trying to keep it all pristine, you will be more likely to take it into…more shooting conditions.…The 60D manual lists the working temperature range as 32 to 104 degrees Farenheit -- …that's 0 to 40 degrees Celsius -- in 85% humidity or less.…While it's a good idea to follow these guidelines,…I've also gone beyond them, and never had any problems.…
I am not saying that you can absolutely go into extreme heat or deep cold and…not have issues, but my experience is that that specified temperature range is a…little conservative.…Fortunately, the camera will begin to exhibit certain symptoms when you start…pushing the limits of its temperature range.…If you're in extreme heat, the camera will show you the temperature warning…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Canon SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
Using white balance presets2m 28s
6. Using Drive Mode and the Self-Timer
7. Using Exposure Control Options
8. More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Styles
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Functions
15. Using Custom Functions
16. Caring for Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.