Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video Navigating the menus and understanding factory defaults, part of Nikon D7000 Essential Training.
There are a lot of settings on your camera and if you've been fiddling with the…thing, there is no telling how it might be configured now.…To make sure that your camera matches my camera for the sake of these…demonstrations, we're going to reset yours to the factory defaults.…This can also be a handy thing to do if you ever sell your camera.…I suppose you could also do it if you get your camera so messed up that you…can't figure out why it's doing a particular thing, but at that point I'd…encourage you to really try to figure out why it's doing what its doing so that…you can understand it better.…Think of Reset as kind of the nuclear option.…Note that resetting does not reset the clock in the camera.…
Your D7000 has lots and lots of functions and features and you can control a lot…of them with buttons and dials on the outside of the camera.…You control others by going into the camera's menuing system.…We are going to spend a lot of time digging into menus, so it's good to know how they work.…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Nikon SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
Using white balance presets2m 11s
6. Understanding Release Modes
7. Using the Exposure Control Options
8. More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Styles
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Modes
15. Using Custom Settings
16. Retouching Images
17. Caring for Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.