Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video NEF (RAW) processing, part of Nikon D5100 Essential Training.
If you shoot RAW and you are working in the field, you may occasionally find…that you need to produce a JPEG image from one of your RAWs.…Now obviously one workaround for this is to simply shoot RAW plus JPEG, but that…eats up a lot of storage and slows your camera down.…Another option is to have the camera produce a JPEG for you.…If you have it do a RAW conversion, that spits out a JPEG image, and I've got…that option right here.…In the Retouch menu there is NEF (RAW) to remind me that NEF is a RAW…format, NEF processing.…If I open that up, I can choose a RAW file that's currently sitting on my card,…and when I do that, I get this big menu of RAW-conversion options.…
I can choose a level of JPEG compression, an image size, I can choose the white…balance setting that I want, exposure compensation.…I can apply a picture control, configure High ISO Noise Reduction and Active D-Lighting.…I can get all of that configured and then have it save me out a JPEG file.…So if I am needing to email a JPEG to someone or maybe I am working in the field…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Nikon Digital SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
6. Understanding Release Modes
7. Understanding Exposure Control Options
8. Learning More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Controls
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Settings
15. Retouching Images
16. Taking Care of Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.