You can watch movies that you've shot on the camera itself, complete with audio;…there is a little speaker over here.…To go into Playback mode, I do just what I would do in still image mode.…I hit the play button, and that takes me into the Playback mode of the camera.…Anything that's on the card that's a movie is denoted by this little movie…camera icon, and notice that right next to it is a Set button.…If I press the Set button on the camera, I get these playback controls.…Now, these are pretty straightforward. I've got, by default, a Play button. If I…press the Set button, then my movie starts playing. This is a little progress…indicator up at the top that shows where I am in my movie.…
I can navigate about these controls by using the left and right arrow buttons,…so you can see that I've got a slow- motion button. I can go back to the first…frame; that's basically a rewind button.…I can go to the previous frame, or the next frame.…I can jump to the last frame of the movie.…And then I've got an Edit button. This allows me to trim the beginning and…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Canon SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
Using white balance presets2m 28s
6. Using Drive Mode and the Self-Timer
7. Using Exposure Control Options
8. More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Styles
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Functions
15. Using Custom Functions
16. Caring for Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.