Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video Movie playback, part of Nikon D5100 Essential Training.
Just as you can review still images on the 5100's LCD, you can also watch…any movies that you have shot. Going into playback mode here just like I normally would.…Anything that's a video has this OK Play button on it.…If I hit OK, I get my playback controls and immediately the movie starts playing.…Now my control pad here lets me control playback, and there is a little key right here.…I can press the down arrow to pause, the OK button to play.…I can go fast forward by pressing the right button and if I repeatedly press it,…it goes faster and faster: 2x, 4x, or 8x.…
If I hit the up arrow, I leave playback mode.…Now I can go back in again with Play. Again it starts playing.…I can rewind with the left arrow and again, repeated pressings of that will…accelerate the rewinding.…If I'm paused, the left and right arrow go forward and backward by one frame.…I can control volume of the movie with my zoom-in and -out button.…And as you've already seen when I'm done with playback, I can just hit the up…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Nikon Digital SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
6. Understanding Release Modes
7. Understanding Exposure Control Options
8. Learning More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Controls
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Settings
15. Retouching Images
16. Taking Care of Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.