Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video Modifying a picture control, part of Nikon D7000 Essential Training.
In the right circumstance a Picture Control can really make a difference in your final image.…For example, shooting landscapes with the Landscape picture control will very…often give you much better results than using simply the Standard control.…If you're finding that it's almost there, but you want something a little bit…different you can modify these Picture Controls.…Just hit the Right button to go here into my Modifications screen, Sharpening,…Contrast, Brightness, Saturation, and Hue.…I can alter each of these.…So let's say I want my landscapes to be a little more saturated, maybe I'm…shooting really lush forests or something and I really want those greens to be deep.…
I can dial up the saturation.…So I can just configure these however I want, hit OK, and now a little asterisk…appears to indicate that I'm using a Modified Picture Control.…If I want I can go back into editing that one and hit the Trashcan to reset it…and that puts it back to its default values after it asks me to confirm.…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Nikon SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
Using white balance presets2m 11s
6. Understanding Release Modes
7. Using the Exposure Control Options
8. More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Styles
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Modes
15. Using Custom Settings
16. Retouching Images
17. Caring for Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.