When you're shooting a long exposure image, you want to be very careful that the…camera does not shake.…So typically you put the camera on a tripod; maybe you use a remote control.…There's another way to reduce camera shake, and that's to lock up the mirror.…What that means is when the mirror is locked up, the mirror will flip up so…that it's not going up and down during my shot, and that can reduce some camera vibration.…I'm here in Custom Functions, in Autofocus/Drive, the third group.…The very last custom function in this group is Mirror lockup.…I have Disable, and Enable, so I'm going to Enable it.…
Now the way I use this is I focus and frame my shot as normal, but when I press…the button, you notice the camera sounded much different.…All it did at that point was flip the mirror up.…To actually take a shot, I need to press the button again.…That took the shot, and then lowered the mirror.…So now that I'm all done, I want to be sure to turn Mirror lockup back Off,…because next time I take my shot, I don't want to have to -- if I'm not doing a…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Canon SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
Using white balance presets2m 28s
6. Using Drive Mode and the Self-Timer
7. Using Exposure Control Options
8. More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Styles
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Functions
15. Using Custom Functions
16. Caring for Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.