As you've seen, when you half- press the Shutter button, the camera…autofocuses, meters, and possibly calculates, white balance and ISO, depending…on your camera settings.…When the camera has decided on all of these parameters, it beeps and flashes a…light in the viewfinder.…If you want, you can continue to hold the button down at the halfway point while…you reframe your shot.…This is sometimes necessary to get the focus and metering that you want.…Once you're ready to take the shot, you can press the button the rest of the way.…So once again, metering is very simple.…I just half-press the Shutter button, and when I hear the beep that means that…the camera has metered and autofocused and I see my reading here, 1/100th of a…second at F5.6. One more bit of very important metering behavior on your camera--…when you half-press that Shutter button to meter, as long as you hold the button…down, the camera will hold that same metering even as you pan around to areas…that might normally be metered differently.…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Canon SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
Using white balance presets2m 28s
6. Using Drive Mode and the Self-Timer
7. Using Exposure Control Options
8. More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Styles
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Functions
15. Using Custom Functions
16. Caring for Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.