There are a lot of settings on your camera, and if you've been fiddling with the…thing, there's no telling how it might be configured now.…To make sure that your camera matches my camera, for the sake of these…demonstrations, we're going to reset yours to the factory defaults.…This can also be a handy thing to do if you ever sell your camera.…I suppose you could also do it if you get your camera so messed up that you can't…figure out why it's doing a particular thing, but at that point, I'd encourage…you to really try to figure out why it's doing what it's doing so that you can…understand it better.…Think of reset as kind of a nuclear option.…Note that resetting does not reset the clock in the camera.…
Your D5100 has a lot of functions and parameters to control, and you'll control a…lot of them through buttons on the outside of the camera.…You'll control a lot of others through the menu that appears in the status…display, but you'll do still others through the camera's menuing system.…If I hit the menu button, I get a collection of menus that I can navigate…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Nikon Digital SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
6. Understanding Release Modes
7. Understanding Exposure Control Options
8. Learning More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Controls
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Settings
15. Retouching Images
16. Taking Care of Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.