As I have mentioned, auto white balance is going to be right for most of the…shots that you take;…however, there will be times, like what we're shooting right now, where auto…white balance might fail.…What I've got here is a mixed-lighting situation.…I've got a white vase with white flowers in it, but that vase is sitting in a…pool of tungsten light, which is a very warm light.…It has kind of an orangish color to it. But my background is being lit by…daylight-balanced light.…So this is a situation that can really confuse an auto-white-balance mechanism.…Take a look at what happens when I shoot with auto white balance.…
The image doesn't look bad, but if you look at that white vase you'll see it…doesn't really look white.…It's got an orange cast to it, and I would like it to actually be white.…So what I'm going to have to do is give up on auto white balance.…I can't use a tungsten present, because I'm in a mixed-lighting situation…here, so I'm going to go to a fully manual white balance by using the white-…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Nikon Digital SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
6. Understanding Release Modes
7. Understanding Exposure Control Options
8. Learning More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Controls
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Settings
15. Retouching Images
16. Taking Care of Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.