Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video Long-exposure noise reduction, part of Nikon D7000 Essential Training.
You should already be familiar with the noise that can occur in your images when…you shoot with a higher ISO, but there is another type of noise that can show up…anytime your shutter speed goes longer than one second.…At these longer shutter speeds it's possible for pixels on your camera's image…sensor to get stuck turned on and that can leave speckly patterns in your final image.…To combat this, your camera offers a special Long-Exposure Noise Reduction…feature which can help out any images shot with a longer exposure time.…By default it's turned off.…
To activate Long Exposure Noise Reduction go to your camera's menu into the…Shooting menu, scroll down a ways until you see Long exp.…NR or Noise Reduction.…By default it's set to off, just go in here and turn it On.…Now bear in mind that when you have activated Long Exposure Noise Reduction it's…going to take one-and-a-half to two times the amount of time that it normally…takes to record an image to your card.…This is the tradeoff for this feature.…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Nikon SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
Using white balance presets2m 11s
6. Understanding Release Modes
7. Using the Exposure Control Options
8. More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Styles
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Modes
15. Using Custom Settings
16. Retouching Images
17. Caring for Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.