Live view is great for certain shooting situations, as we have discussed, but it…also has some drawbacks.…Running the LCD screen takes a tremendous amount of power.…This is why, if you are battery is running low, it's a good idea to turn off the…image review on your camera and to not spend any time looking at images you…have already shot. Because live view requires the LCD screens, it's a big battery drain,…so you'll want to keep an eye on your battery status if you're doing a lot of live view.…If you know you are heading into a situation that requires a lot of live view…shooting then you might want to consider investing in some additional batteries.…
If you're trying to shoot unobtrusively in a darker environment, such as a…performance or a concert, then the light from the LCD screen might be disturbing…to people around you.…In those instances, it's probably better to stay away from live view.…But the biggest drawback with live view's shooting has to do with dynamic range.…Dynamic range is the range of darkest to lightest tones that you or your…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Nikon Digital SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
6. Understanding Release Modes
7. Understanding Exposure Control Options
8. Learning More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Controls
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Settings
15. Retouching Images
16. Taking Care of Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.