- Understanding lighting positions
- Deconstructing photos to study lighting
- Lighting a portrait for a Rembrandt pattern
- Backlighting in portraits
- Examining a four-light portrait scenario
- Lighting for different skin tones
Skill Level Beginner
- Hi. I'm Natalie Fobes. In portrait photography your ability to control light is a critical tool for telling the story of your subject. Do you want a glamorous look? Do you want something edgy and abstract? Are you trying to emphasis or maybe minimize certain physical traits? When you understand portrait lighting, you can answer questions like these. In this course, I'll show you how. I'll start off with some basics of lighting and then take you into the studio where I'll demonstrate a variety of lighting techniques.
From simple one light setups to complex arrangements that use multiple lights. I'll show how to get different lighting styles from the classic Hollywood glamour to dramatic and exotic. Along the way, I'll demonstrate essential lighting concepts and show you the gear that I use, the lights, reflectors and soft boxes. Now I'll be using continues lights in this course but the basic lighting positions and concepts also apply if you're using strobes.
Knowing how to control light is a vital step in creating the message you want in your photograph. So let's turn on the lights and get started with Lighting For Photographer's Portraiture.