Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video Lens controls, part of Canon Rebel T3i (600D and Kiss X5) Essential Training.
You're probably already familiar with the controls on your lens and for the most…part, they're very straightforward.…But let's take a quick look at them.…First of all, I have a zoom ring.…This is how I zoom in and out.…I also have a manual focus ring for manually focusing.…On your lens, these may be in different places.…They may be in reversed order,…they may be different sizes.…I have an Auto Focus manual switch.…We will be looking at that in detail that allows me to go from Auto Focus…to manually focusing.…As I have all these numbers here.…In this case, this ring of numbers tells me the Focal Length that I have dialed in.…
That white line right there shows me which focal length I've chosen.…That's 24 mm, for example.…And again, this ring may be in a different place on your camera, might have…different numbers on it depending on the lens that you're using.…You might also have an additional ring of numbers that have to do with focus and…how far you're focused.…In addition to this Auto Focus Manual Focus switch, you might have some other…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
Q: Will the lessons in this course work with the Canon T3 too?
A: The main differences between the Canon T3i and the T3 are some video capabilities. Other than that, and some minor menu differences, you should be able to use the lessons in this course with the T3 with no issues.
1. Getting to Know Your Canon Digital SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
6. Using Drive Mode and the Self-Timer
7. Using the Exposure Control Options
8. Using More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
What is a scene mode?1m 8s
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Styles
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Functions
15. Caring for Your Camera
Firmware updates1m 24s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.