On the back of the 60D is a nice, big, 3-inch LCD Screen. You'll use this for…status information, possibly as a viewfinder, and to review images that you have shot.…You've probably already figured out that it flips out from the camera, and spins around.…When you first took the camera out of the box, it was folded up this way, so…that the screen is completely covered.…If you're traveling, if you're storing the camera for a long time, this is…a better way to keep the screen because it will keep the screen from getting scratched.…Like the LCD screen on your phone or other cameras, it is possible to scratch up…the screen, and that's kind of a drag because then when you're reviewing images,…it can be harder to see.…
You can get a Screen Protector that can go over it; that's not a bad idea.…Also, be aware that this hinge is fragile.…You want to be careful with it.…You want to be careful when you're taking it out and when you're rotating it,…don't ever force the screen.…Notice that the screen rotates this way. It does not rotate back the other way,…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Canon SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
Using white balance presets2m 28s
6. Using Drive Mode and the Self-Timer
7. Using Exposure Control Options
8. More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Styles
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Functions
15. Using Custom Functions
16. Caring for Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.