On the back of your 5100 is this big beautiful three-inch LCD screen, and one of the…nice things about it is that it's articulated. It folds out.…It can come all the way out here.…I can tilt it down. I can tilt it up.…This is great if I want to shoot over my head. Maybe I'm standing in a crowd--I…can hold the camera up above and tilt the screen down.…This can be really nice for shooting at waist level or macro work, that kind of thing.…Note that I can also turn it all the way around this way, so if I'm shooting a…self-portrait or if I want the subject of my shot to be able to see themselves,…I can flip it around.…
When I do flip it around, the image on the screen reverses to show a mirror…image so that they see exactly what the final shot will look like. And of…course I can fold it flush against the back of the camera, which is where you'll…probably keep it most of the time.…This screen is also where you see all of the critical status information for…your camera, and it's where you manipulate a lot of the camera's controls.…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Nikon Digital SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
6. Understanding Release Modes
7. Understanding Exposure Control Options
8. Learning More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Controls
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Settings
15. Retouching Images
16. Taking Care of Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.