You can change the brightness of the LCD on the back of the camera.…This can make it easier to see in bright daylight; it can make it less obtrusive…in low light situations.…Go into the Menu, and go all the way over here to the second tool menu, and the…first item is LCD brightness.…I am going to go in here, and it gives me this fancy thing with all these shades of gray.…These are just references to let you see what's going to happen as you go…brighter and darker.…Notice this is white up here; black down here. As I go down a notch, my white has…gone kind of dingy, and all my other gray shades have followed.…
So I've just got that nice reference to be able to tell, here, full, all the way up;…I'm almost blowing out my second brightest grayscale.…So that's just there to give you an idea of how tones in your image might alter…as you adjust LCD brightness.…I wouldn't worry too much about this, because the image on your LCD screen is…never that color or contrast accurate anyway, because the camera amps up color…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Canon SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
Using white balance presets2m 28s
6. Using Drive Mode and the Self-Timer
7. Using Exposure Control Options
8. More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Styles
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Functions
15. Using Custom Functions
16. Caring for Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.