Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video LCD brightness, part of Canon Rebel T3i (600D and Kiss X5) Essential Training.
The Rebel has a great LCD screen, but there still might be times when you…have trouble seeing it.…Especially if you are in bright light, it might get washed out by direct…sunlight, or if you are in low light, you may even find that it's too bright.…Fortunately, you can change the brightness of the screen by going here to the…second tools menu, to LCD brightness, and you can simply dial it up and down.…It shows the last image you took just as a reference and you also get this gray…ramp here to give you a better idea of what detail you might be losing.…I can see here that my brightest tones are starting to wash out a little bit and…I picked up some extra shadow detail.…
I can also go the other direction to keep track of what I'm losing there.…This is not a super accurate display, so I wouldn't get too hung up on paying…too much attention to this.…Mostly, you can just brighten it if the screen is getting washed out by…direct light, or darken it if it's too glary and bright and when you're in a…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
Q: Will the lessons in this course work with the Canon T3 too?
A: The main differences between the Canon T3i and the T3 are some video capabilities. Other than that, and some minor menu differences, you should be able to use the lessons in this course with the T3 with no issues.
1. Getting to Know Your Canon Digital SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
6. Using Drive Mode and the Self-Timer
7. Using the Exposure Control Options
8. Using More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
What is a scene mode?1m 8s
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Styles
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Functions
15. Caring for Your Camera
Firmware updates1m 24s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.