You've probably seen a timelapse movie.…Anytime you've seen film or video of, say, clouds racing across the sky or of a…construction site quickly assembling itself into a building or the petals of a…flower rapidly opening and closing,…those are all time lapse.…If you shoot an image with your camera at regular intervals and then string…all of those single images together into a video, you end up effectively…shooting video with an extremely slow frame rate, and that serves to speed up time in the video.…Your camera has a built-in interval timer that lets you easily shoot timelapse.…
To configure the interval timer, I go to the Shooting menu, and down at the very…bottom is Interval timer shooting.…If I open that up, I get a few different options to configure here.…First is when the timelapse will actually start.…We are going to come back to that one.…If I hit the right arrow, notice there are these three parameters down here that…I can configure, and I can use the right and left arrows to move these yellow…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Nikon Digital SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
6. Understanding Release Modes
7. Understanding Exposure Control Options
8. Learning More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Controls
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Settings
15. Retouching Images
16. Taking Care of Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.