By now you should have some experience with this status display that's always…shown on the back of the camera while you're shooting.…What's cool about this display is it's also kind of your control center for…changing parameters on the camera.…This right here is the info edit button.…If I press it then my status display becomes editable.…You can see that I still get my readouts of exposure and everything else, but now…I've got all these buttons around here that I can scroll around with the…four-way control here.…And once I get on one that I want to edit, I can hit the OK button to get into…an editing mode of some kind.…
I can back out of here by pressing the info button again if I want to cancel an…operation without making a change.…Now, if you notice right now, only a few things are editable;…the rest of these are grayed out.…That's because in Auto mode, I can't alter very many parameters.…These are the only things that I'm allowed to change when in Auto mode.…We're going to be looking at what each of these do and how to change them and…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Nikon Digital SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
6. Understanding Release Modes
7. Understanding Exposure Control Options
8. Learning More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Controls
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Settings
15. Retouching Images
16. Taking Care of Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.