As soon as you take a picture, your camera displays it on the rear LCD screen.…By default, the image stays up for a few seconds and then it goes away.…This gives you a chance to quickly review your image without having to manage…any camera controls.…However, you do have a little bit of control while that image is being displayed.…You're probably already familiar with image review on your 5100.…When you take a shot, the image is almost immediately shown on the rear…screen, hangs out there for a while and gives you a chance to admire it, and then goes away.…Something very important for you to know is that that image review process is interruptible.…
So if I take a shot, I can go Oh yeah that's great and then half-press my…shutter button and I'm back to shooting.…Image review will never keep me from shooting;…I can always immediately get back to having a functional camera.…Something else you should know about image review is that once I go into it, I'm…actually into the full playback mode of the camera.…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Nikon Digital SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
6. Understanding Release Modes
7. Understanding Exposure Control Options
8. Learning More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Controls
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Settings
15. Retouching Images
16. Taking Care of Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.