Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video Image playback, part of Nikon D5100 Essential Training.
Your camera has a big collection of image-playback features.…You've already seen how it displays an image immediately after your shoot, but…of course you can also go in and browse all of the pictures that are stored…on your media card.…What you may not realize though is that you can perform a lot of image-editing…functions on those images directly in the camera.…I can review the images that I've shot on the camera's LCD screen just by…pressing the play button.…By default, I'm looking at the last image that I shot, and I can see here that…this is image number 28 of 28.…
I can see that it was shot in fine- quality JPEG mode at these pixel dimensions,…I get the date and time of the image, and some file-naming information.…There's other data that I can get about this image; we'll look at that later.…I can navigate through the images on the card using the left and right arrow…buttons and if I get to one that I want to get a closer look at, I can zoom in…using the zoom buttons right here.…So I can zoom in like this,…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
Photography Foundations: Exposure (2010)with Ben Long3h 24m Intermediate
1. Getting to Know Your Nikon Digital SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
6. Understanding Release Modes
7. Understanding Exposure Control Options
8. Learning More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Controls
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Settings
15. Retouching Images
16. Taking Care of Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.