Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video Image playback, part of Canon Rebel T3i (600D and Kiss X5) Essential Training.
Your camera has a big collection of image playback features.…You've already seen how it displays an image immediately after you shoot, but…of course you can also go in and browse all of the pictures that are stored on your media card.…What you may not realize though is that you can perform a lot of image editing…functions on those images directly in the camera.…To enter Playback mode, I simply press the playback button here at the bottom of…the back of the camera, and I see the last image that I shot.…I can navigate through all of the images on the card using the Forward and…Back-arrow keys that will just step through each one.…
I have a few other simple functions that can be kind of handy.…First of all, I can press the Info button and see some information about my image,…the shutter speed and aperture, the image number.…There are few other screens of information.…We're going to be looking at those in detail later.…I can also zoom in to my image using the +/- buttons here.…As I zoom in, I get this little key to show exactly what part of the image I'm looking at.…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
Q: Will the lessons in this course work with the Canon T3 too?
A: The main differences between the Canon T3i and the T3 are some video capabilities. Other than that, and some minor menu differences, you should be able to use the lessons in this course with the T3 with no issues.
1. Getting to Know Your Canon Digital SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
6. Using Drive Mode and the Self-Timer
7. Using the Exposure Control Options
8. Using More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
What is a scene mode?1m 8s
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Styles
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Functions
15. Caring for Your Camera
Firmware updates1m 24s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.