- View Offline
From clamshell to wraparound and more, we've covered a lot. …My goal was to share with you a variety of techniques that can help you tell your portrait subject's story. …Experiment with the techniques I've shown here and be on a lookout for those unexpected …surprises that yield unique results. …As we saw in this course, sometimes the most interesting portraits come when you experiment …with your lights and with your subject. …I'm Natalie Fobes, and thanks for watching!… …
Next, Natalie details a variety of common one-light and two-light lighting techniques, explaining exposure, metering considerations, and light modifiers along the way.
The course concludes with several lighting tips, including minimizing physical challenges and do-it-yourself lighting gear instructions.
- Understanding lighting positions
- Deconstructing photos to study lighting
- Lighting a portrait for a Rembrandt pattern
- Backlighting in portraits
- Examining a four-light portrait scenario
- Lighting for different skin tones