Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video Formatting the media card, part of Canon 60D Essential Training.
Most media cards come from the factory already formatted, but it's still a good…idea to format a new card with your specific camera.…More importantly though, you'll use your camera's Format command any time you…want to erase your card.…So, after you've pulled your images into your computer, you'll need to put the…card back into your camera and format it there.…Now, it's very important that you choose Format to do this rather than using the…camera's Erase or Delete function.…Repeated use of those functions can leave your card unreliable and resulting you…being unable to get images off of the card.…
You can usually use special file recovery software to get to unreadable images,…but it's better to just avoid that problem in the first place by always…formatting your card.…Now if a card does get messed up, formatting it should put it back to normal.…Since Format is a command that you're going to use very regularly, it's good to…learn exactly where it is.…Format is accessible in any mode on the camera.…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Canon SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
Using white balance presets2m 28s
6. Using Drive Mode and the Self-Timer
7. Using Exposure Control Options
8. More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Styles
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Functions
15. Using Custom Functions
16. Caring for Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.