Most media cards come from the factory already formatted, but it's still a good…idea to format a new card with your specific camera.…More importantly though, you'll use your camera's Format Media Card command…anytime that you want to erase your card.…So after you've pulled images into your computer, you'll need to put the card…back into your camera and format it.…It's very important that you choose Format Memory Card to do this rather than…using the Camera's Delete function.…Repeated use of delete can leave your card unreliable and result in you being…unable to get images off of it.…
You can usually use special file recovery software to get to the unreadable…images, but it's just better to avoid all that in the first place.…If a card does get messed up, then formatting should put it back to normal.…Since formatting is a command that you're going to use very regularly, it's good…to learn exactly where it is.…To format the media card, hit the menu button.…In the Setup menu, which is this little wrench menu, the very first item is Format…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Nikon Digital SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
6. Understanding Release Modes
7. Understanding Exposure Control Options
8. Learning More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Controls
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Settings
15. Retouching Images
16. Taking Care of Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.