When you activate live view, your camera raises it's mirror out of the way so…that light can get from the lens directly to the sensor.…It's the sensor that creates the image that's shown on the LCD screen, so no…live view image can be created when the mirror is down, because the mirror is in the way.…Unfortunately, there is something else that happens when the mirror flips up.…The autofocus sensors in your camera are located up here in the pentaprism.…So light from the lens gets bounced by the mirror up into here, and that's where…the autofocus sensors are; that's where they analyze to calculate focus.…
When the mirror flips up, though, these autofocus sensors up here go blind,…meaning your camera loses it's normal autofocus capability.…When you're in live view, then, the camera has to use a different method to autofocus.…By default, rather than relying on these autofocus sensors up here, the computer…in your camera simply analyzes the image that the sensor is capturing, and…figures out focus accordingly.…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Canon SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
Using white balance presets2m 28s
6. Using Drive Mode and the Self-Timer
7. Using Exposure Control Options
8. More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Styles
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Functions
15. Using Custom Functions
16. Caring for Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.