When you activate live view, your camera raises its mirror out of the way so…that light can get from the lens directly back to the sensor.…It's the sensor that creates the image that's shown on the LCD screen,…so no live view image can be created when the mirror is down and in the way.…Unfortunately, there is something else that happens when the mirror flips up.…The autofocus sensors for this camera are located up here in the…camera's pentamirror.…Light from the lens gets bounced up here, and the autofocus sensors analyze it…to calculate focus.…
When the mirror flips up though, those sensors go blind, meaning your camera…loses its normal autofocus capability.…When you are in live view then, the camera has to use a different method to autofocus.…By default, rather than relying on its autofocus sensors, the computer in…your camera will analyze the image that the sensor is capturing and then focus accordingly.…the practical upshot of all this is that autofocus in live view is much slower than…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Nikon Digital SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
6. Understanding Release Modes
7. Understanding Exposure Control Options
8. Learning More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Controls
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Settings
15. Retouching Images
16. Taking Care of Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.