Your camera's autofocus is pretty amazing. It's speedy,…it's able to work in surprisingly low light, and it's often able to figure out…exactly what your subject is.…For most situations, Autofocus will give you all the focusing power that you need.…Your autofocus mechanism can work in two different ways.…First, there is the way we've already discussed.…You half-press the shutter button and the camera focuses and locks focus and…then lets you know that it's ready to shoot. Or it can work in a servo mode.…If you frame a moving subject, the camera will track that moving subject…and keep it in focus.…
Your camera has several different servo features and three different focusing modes.…To choose a focus mode, go into your Info/Edit screen and about halfway down you…see this AF-A. That's Focus mode.…That's your default focus mode, Auto-servo AF.…You can see it's giving me a little hint over here as to what it does.…This mode automatically makes a choice between a focus mode that's appropriate…for shooting stationary objects and a focus mode that's appropriate for…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Nikon Digital SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
6. Understanding Release Modes
7. Understanding Exposure Control Options
8. Learning More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Controls
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Settings
15. Retouching Images
16. Taking Care of Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.